Sharework promotes a new Call for Papers to be presented in the Workshop “Towards the factory of the future: advancements in planning and control of industrial robots”, that will be celebrated on September 7th -10th within the 26th International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA 2021).
In recent years, research on robotic planning, control and Artificial Intelligence, has made huge advancements. However, such innovative solutions often struggle to transfer to the industrial world. This workshop has the objective to discuss how recent developments in these fields can advance the state of the art and be applied to real-world manufacturing processes. Researchers from industry and academia are invited to contribute to this workshop with papers focused on human-robot collaboration, cognitive manufacturing, and manipulation in challenging scenarios.
The Call for Papers promoted within this Workshop may focus on different topics such as:
- Human-aware planning and execution in human-robot collaboration
- Motion planning and control in dynamic environments
- Long-term autonomy in human-robot collaborative scenarios
- Manipulation of deformable/large objects
- Combined task and motion planning
- Multi-robot coordination and synchronization
- Design and optimization of robotized workcells
- Human-centered design of robotized cells
- Safety and ergonomics of physical human-robot collaboration
- Failure detection and recovery in HRC control systems
- Evaluation methods for HRC workplaces and process (productivity, flexibility, etc.)
- Vision and control of industrial robots for HRI applications
- Novel Sensing and grasping technologies for HRI
- Interfaces for real-time path and motion planning and collision avoidance
- Case studies, experiments, ethics and outreach
- June 11th, 2021: Submission deadline
- July 7th, 2021: Acceptance notification
- July 14th, 2021: Deadline for final manuscripts
Papers are limited to 8 double column pages; they must comply with ETFA guidelines regarding formatting and must be submitted electronically in PDF format through the conference submission system. More information here
The ETFA 2021 is the 26th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES) focused on the latest developments and new technologies in the field of industrial and factory automation. The conference aims to disseminate novel ideas and latest trends, research results and practical achievements.