Sharework project promotes a new Call for Papers to be presented in the 9th Workshop on Planning and Robotics (PlanRob), that will be celebrated on June 7th-8th within the International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling – ICAPS 2021.
Planning & Scheduling (P&S) methods and techniques are fundamental for enabling intelligent robots to perform flexible, autonomous and interactive behaviours and researchers have developed approaches and produced planners that robotics professionals can us. However, there are numerous challenges complicating the use and successful integration of P&S models in robotics sector. In this sense, the PlanRob workshop has the objective to provide a stable, long-term forum in which researchers from Planning & Scheduling (P&S) and Robotics sectors can discuss relevant issues, development and research progress and future challenges related to P&S techniques applied to Robotics.
The Call for Papers promoted within this Workshop may focus on different topics such as:
- Real-world planning applications for autonomous and intelligent robots.
- Optimizing behavior in large scale automated or semi-automated systems.
- Integrated planning and execution in robotic architectures.
- Planning domain representations for robotics applications.
- P&S methods for optimization and adaptation in robotics.
- Mission, path, and motion planning for robots.
- Planning and coordination methods for multi-robot teams.
- Mixed initiative planning and sliding autonomy for robotic systems.
- Human-aware planning and execution in human-robot interaction.
- Adversarial action planning in competitive robotic domains.
- Formal methods for robot planning and control.
- Challenges and solutions in using P&S technology in robotics.
- Open problems for P&S in robotics,
- Benchmark planning domains for robots.
The workshop will be organised by Sharework project’s partner Andrea Orlandini, from the National Research Council of Italy (CNR), together with representatives from the The Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and the Università di Napoli “Federico II”.
The organisers will be investigating the availability of journal editors to invite a selection of accepted papers from the workshop to a special issue or post-proceeding volume.
Deadlines and timelines
- March 7th, 2021: Paper submission
- April 1st, 2021: Notification of acceptance
- May 1st, 2021: Camera-ready version due
- June 7th–8th, 2021: Workshop Date
Submissions papers will be made online in PDF format via EasyChair system. There are two types of submissions: short position papers, which are a maximum of four pages long, and regular papers which may be up to ten pages long and may be scheduled with more time in the final program. The accepted papers will be published on the workshop’s website.