Sharework project promotes a new Call for Papers for the special issue: “Robotics Track” within the International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling – ICAPS 2021. This Call for Papers aims to provide an opportunity for the planning and showcase the use of planning and scheduling technology in robotics applications.
Planning and scheduling (P&S) models and techniques are important for enabling autonomous, flexible and interactive behaviours in robotic systems and a deep integration of such methods into robotic architectures could be crucial to assist their effective deployment. In this sense, the “Robotics track” Call for Papers is an important opportunity for the planning and robotics’ communities to share their research advances in the area of robot planning and showcase the use of planning and scheduling technology in different robotics applications.
The Call for Papers promoted may focus on different topics such as:
- Manipulation task and/or motion planning
- Integrated task and motion planning
- Learning methods for robot planning
- Planning with uncertainty in robotics
- Adversarial planning for robots
- Representation and acquisition of planning models
- Planning for perception
- Goal recognition and reasoning
- Task teaching and learning by demonstration
- Interaction and communication planning
- Plan execution, failure detection and recovery
- Multi-robot planning, scheduling/coordination, and execution
- Benchmarking planning domains for robots and humans
All the papers submitted will be reviewed by a special program committee formed by experts in planning for intelligent robots. Sharework project’s partner Andrea Orlandini, from the the National Research Council of Italy (CNR), is part of the guest editors of this Call for Papers, together with representatives from the University of Science and Technology of China and the Arizona State University of the United States.
The papers will be published in the conference proceedings of ICAPS Conference by AAAI Press and will be presented orally at the conference.
Submissions will be made online at www.easychair.org by registering and logging into this website. Papers submitted to ICAPS 2021 may not be submitted to other conferences or journals during the ICAPS 2021 review period and cannot be already under review or published in other conferences or journals. We also encourage authors to submit supplementary material such as videos, technical proofs or additional experimental results, for their paper. Submitted PDF papers should be anonymous and have to follow the AAAI author kit instructions for formatting. For more information, see: https://www.aaai.org/Publications/Templates/AuthorKit21.zip
Deadlines and timelines
- December 11th, 2020: Abstracts electronic submission
- December 18th, 2020: Papers electronic submission (PDF)
- February 16th, 2021: Notification of acceptance