Sharework project promotes a new Call for Papers to be presented in the 10th Workshop on Planning and Robotics (PlanRob), taking place on June 20th-21st within the International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling – ICAPS 2022.
Planning and scheduling (P&S) models and techniques are crucial for enabling autonomous, flexible and interactive behaviours. Researchers in the P&S community have continued to develop approaches and produce planners, representations, as well as heuristics that robotics researchers can make use of. However, there remain numerous challenges complicating the uptake, use and successful integration of P&S technology in robotics, many of which have been addressed by robotics researchers with novel solutions.
To foster this, the PlanRob Workshop aims to provide a stable, long-term forum where researchers from both the P&S and Robotics communities can openly discuss relevant issues, research and development progress, future directions and open challenges related to P&S when applied to Robotics. In addition to the usual paper submissions, the workshop’s format naturally lends itself to preliminary results, position papers as well as to work focused on challenges in using and integrating planners in robotics systems.
The Call for Papers promoted may focus on different topics including:
- Real-world planning applications for autonomous and intelligent robots.
- Optimising behaviour in large scale automated or semi-automated systems.
- Integrated planning and execution in robotic architectures.
- Planning domain representations for robotics applications.
- P&S methods for optimisation and adaptation in robotics.
- Mission, path, and motion planning for robots.
- Planning and coordination methods for multi-robot teams.
- Mixed-initiative planning and sliding autonomy for robotic systems.
- Human-aware planning and execution in human-robot interaction.
- Adversarial action planning in competitive robotic domains.
- Formal methods for robot planning and control.
- Challenges and solutions in using P&S technology in robotics.
- Open problems for P&S in robotics.
- Benchmark planning domains for robots.
The workshop will be organised by Sharework project’s partner Andrea Orlandini, from the National Research Council of Italy (CNR), together with representatives from the The Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and the Università di Napoli “Federico II”.
The organisers will be investigating the availability of journal editors to invite a selection of accepted papers from the workshop to a special issue or post-proceeding volume.
Deadlines and timelines
- 8th of April 2022: Papers submission
- 30th of April 2022: Acceptance notification
- 10th of June 2022: Camera-ready paper submission
Submissions papers will be made online in PDF format via EasyChair system. There are two types of submissions: short position papers, which are a maximum of four pages long, and regular papers which may be up to ten pages long and may be scheduled with more time in the final program. The accepted papers will be published on the workshop’s website.